Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dec 9, 2009 - Volendam, Holland America - Bernie, Tazmania

Boy oh boy.... another cold, wet and rainy day. Temperature is the low 60's, high 50's. I can't believe this is the beginning of Summer!  Should have brought more clothes. I may have to break down and buy a couple of long sleeve shirts and a jacket. We had an excursion today. We boarded the bus just after 8:30 am this morning and toured the coast of the island, then we turned inward. Really rocky and hilly, not really mountainous, just lots of hills. Beautifuls homes on the tops of the hills over looking the beautiful views of the beaches and water. So it rained off and on most of the day. We stopped at a wildlife park where they take in hurt or orphaned animals. So lots of Tazmanian Devils, Wallabys, Kangaroos, Emu's, bunny's, indiginous birds, monkeys, wombats, and more. There was a Cockatiel that (I think) fell in love with Peggy and was trying his mating dance on her... You'll see in the pics... He was beautifully flaired out with all his feathers... Well, back to the ship for lunch and an afternoon of some exercise. Tonight is a magician, so we'll probably go see him. Anyway.. next is 2 days at sea as we head out to New Zealand. I'm REALLY hoping the waves stay calm..... but I think there are some storms out there... POO... Till later. Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment