Thursday, April 22, 2010
Dec 22, 2009 - Auckland, New Zealand
Today we got up early and tried to get down to the Ferry. We had planned to take the Ferry at 9:30 am, but I couldn’t find my pass showing we had already paid for the ticket, so we missed the ferry and had to wait for the 10:30 one. Once we got on, it was a short tour of the Auckland Harbor giving commentary as we headed over to Rangatoto Island. Upon arrival to Rangatoto island (volcano) we started walking and ended up on a hiking trail. Peggy started, but turned back because the path was getting really treacherous. I continued on trying to get to the summit before the ferry returned. Well, time was running out, so I headed back to catch the ferry. I didn’t want to wait around until the last one at 3:30 pm. We headed back on the Ferry and finished listening to the commentary on the return. Again to save money we headed back to the hotel to make a sandwich for lunch. Fueled up we headed out again to walk the streets and look around. This time back at the hotel we made grilled cheese sandwiches then watched a movie. We did try to go to the movies to see Avatar, but they were all sold out. So we tried to buy it for the night of the 23rd. Well, that was almost sold out too., but get this… movies… $18.50 pp and they assigned your seats…. IF you want to sit in the comfortable seats, then you have to pay more…. IF you want the comfortable seats, and be served with a menu, the price per ticket is $30 pp. AND you STILL have to buy your drink and food. Small popcorn and a small drink is $6.50… and when I say small… I do mean small….. LOL…..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment