Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dec 16, 2009 - Volendam, Holland America - Wellington, NZ

Wellington is another beautiful city surrounded by a magnificent harbor. We didn’t have any excursions scheduled to today so we took our time heading out to the city. Again a very cool day. Peggy and I decided this was a good day to walk. We left the ship and followed all along the harbor and headed toward where the market was supposed to be. Well, come to find out they had torn down the market, so we talked with a taxi driver and found that we were right there on Cuba street where the “alternative” all hung out. Hummm, what did this mean??? Well, it’s not what you think. It’s just a street full of shops with recycle clothing, tattoo shops, small oriental stores, $2 shops, and many small eateries. We just walked and looked in all the stores. Didn’t really find much. I’m kinda shopped out, but Peggy is like the energizer bunny… keeps going, and going, and going…. We then walked over to the street where the luxury shops were and walked down there. I think we walked for over 4 hours that day without sitting down once. We headed back to the ship for lunch, then chilled the rest of the afternoon in the room relaxing. That evening on the ship was Latin night, so we had gone up to the Fitness Center to see if Florin (the fitness trainer) could join us to dance. He Salsa dances… Well, he did, and we had a GREAT time. Well, at least I did. Peggy didn’t dance, only I did. And let me tell you… Dancing salsa with a young, strong, built, six-pack, sexy fitness trainer… I was in heaven. He was great. We got a standing ovation and were asked on multiple occasions if we were the dancers on the ship. LOL…. So funny… well… I was on the list for the blackjack tournament, so Peggy ran down to see where I was. I gave her my free pass to enter if she wanted….. Guess what.. she did…. Made the finals for the tournament…. AND…… WON…… !!!!! She won $500 ….. So we both had a great night….. LOL….. Well, it’s after midnight, so we need to get to bed…. Tomorrow is Napier and we have our private excursion with our group.


Later…

No comments:

Post a Comment